Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Game.


Crowd
Originally uploaded by TimothyJ.
Well several funny things. First we were late getting there. Friend 1 and I were meeting Friend 2. We had three tickets to the game, and I had given three back to the ticket lady at work. Everybody was out of town, and three seemed like a nice number.

Well, Friend 3 showed up. Now we had 4 people and three tickets. No problem, buy a cheap ticket and shuttle him into our club seats by having somebody take one of tickets to him after we had already gone in. Great, except that I had two tickets and a parking pass. It seems like the parking guy had torn one of my tickets in half instead of the parking pass. Of course, I gave it to him to tear.

I ran back to the car, got the half of the ticket off the dash, but it did not have the bar code on it. I then tracked down the parking guy, and he, with another parking guy and a police officer involved, found the other half of my ticket. Then I ran back to the arena.

Needless to say, we all got in. The game was great. The people standing in the picture? They were standing for much of the 3rd period just like that. Thrashers win 7-6 over the Red Wings, but almost blew a 3 run lead that we got by scoring 3 goals in 4 1/2 minutes. The new hockey rules rock!


A great quote from Thrasher goalie Garnett on the game:

"After every goal, I kept thinking, 'Geez, we're up by three in the third period, this is pretty good. We're up by two, this is great. We're up by one, we're still up here.' And when they tied it up, I thought to myself, 'Wow, we really gotta pick it up now.' "

No comments: