Thursday, June 22, 2006

San Francisco The Last Day

I had to be at the airport before noon, and had a little packing left to do, so my final morning was going to be short. I had no desire to miss my plane.

I had to pick up a few gifts and raid the ATM. The only ATM for BOA I had spotted was Ghirardelli Square, a few blocks away from the hotel and the waterfront. So I headed there and visited the ATM. Then I stopped and snapped a few shots of infamous fountain with turtles and breastfeeding mermaids. It caused quite a stir when it was first unveiled. although there seems to be little information on it online.






Leaving the square I stopped on a stair case leading down from Ghirardelli Square and was attacked by a bird. He went right after my head. I ducked down and looked around, but could not see anything. I stayed there and fiddled with my camera, and the damn bird attacked me again! I finally spotted him, and figured he was protecting a nest, so I just left the area. I had seen a biker get covered with bird crap my first day in town, and while I did not mind getting attacked so much, I would mind a bird dive bombing me.

I picked up a few souvenirs and then snapped a few last pics before heading back to the hotel and then the airport.






My trip home was uneventful, for the most part. My luggage arrived intact, although they did open, search and repack my bike case. The only bad part was arriving at the economy parking lot at midnight and realizing I could not remember where the hell I parked my truck. I ended up walking up and down the rows of cars for an hour before I found my trusty Ranger.

Overall, this was one of the best trips I have taken. I hope to go back.

No comments: